Friday, November 30, 2007

I <3 gCode

gCode you ask?

G standing for two different things
First it is short for Good code, you know the good clean stuff
Second is stands for Google, the maker of the code/api

Yesterday i started to work on a program that would run in the background and check for updates on this blog, if there is an update, it then would ping some blog trackers. Very simple. But what made me so happy, how easy the Google api is to work with. I did not have to use the api, could of made an rss feed reader, but that would of been more work.

Another reason why I like the gCode, the api was simple but powerful, and already has some docs built up. With such a great api I was able to dive right into the code and explore. I have not used Java in sometime, so it was a great way for me to get my feet wet again.

This post is the first test with my code, so wish me luck...

1 comment:

Brian said...

Just a heads up after a few trys i rolled out all the bugs.

I got the code work on edits and new post, testing if comments get picket up.